Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring

So many poets and writers speak of spring. It is such a time of transformation. Rebirth in it's true mucky, sticky, often ugly self.
I spent the morning wading through the mud with my dogs and none too pleased cats, we walked, we smelled, we squished, for me it was delightful, for the dogs heavenly, for the cats just disgusting.

Then it was on to the perennial garden, finally for the first time free of snow! I found grape hyacinth and crocus' that I forgot were there, little gifts of purple glowing among the dead slimy last year leftovers. The daffodils are coming too. There is so much to look forward to.

This change is somewhat difficult for me. There is so much energy in the air, in people, in the earth. Sometimes it's a little overwhelming and leaves me feeling exhausted. It is like I'm just not up to speed yet, a part of me is still in hibernation. I am awakening though a little more every day.

I am thankful that I have an outdoor space available for Tai chi again. The best way to develop my energy.

No comments:

The Store

The Store
in all it's glory