Friday, April 18, 2008

"Be melting snow"

The poet Rumi says,
"Be melting snow.
Wash yourself of yourself.

A white flower grows in quietness.
Let your tongue become the flower."

Wash yourself of yourself. Be without ego, take the mind out of the equation...

How????
I can watch my mind getting involved in things it just should stay out of. My tongue is like a freight train not a white flower growing in quiet. I am trying, perhaps trying too hard. Trying is a function of ego is it not?

I question, I thirst for answers, I have a drive to know. I often feel like if I can just learn enough I'll be good enough. Good enough for who? How do I just sit with what I know already?

1 comment:

- A - C - said...

I humbly suggest a "sesshin". It is not easy to find a serious and traditional meditation environment. I may advise a place, which is unfortunately very far from you: http://www.falaiseverte.org/
I can tell you by experience that I had there one of the most intense yet most difficult time of my life. Answers are but to be found within.
Should you need more information, feel free to write me at hontonidesuka@yahoo.com

Take care
A.

The Store

The Store
in all it's glory