Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday Monday Monday

So...I love my job. Sometimes this is a problem as many people dear to me in my life do not love their jobs. Who do I talk to about this complete daily satisfaction? Today is Monday, one of my favorite days of the week. After taking the weekend off I come into my store and smell the lovely smells and settle in for another week. I get to re-acquaint myself with my books, sweep the floor, water the plants.

I hear you asking what is so special about running a bookstore? My store has survived warehouse bookstores and bad economies for 31 years. It is an institution in a small community and the people who frequent this store are amazing. They come from all walks of life, they are all ages, they live here and away and both. They are glorious every singe one of them. Each person has a story, sometimes simple, sometimes complex and I'm am very lucky in that I usually get to hear a piece of their tale. It is quite amazing.

1 comment:

NH_Bio_teacher said...

Hello to my favorite book seller-
I'm happy to say that I loved my job today! I taught an introductory lesson on genetics using gigantic pool noodles as my chromosomes. It was fantastic! I hope you have a lovely Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday!

The Store

The Store
in all it's glory