Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Battle

I have to battle myself for myself all the time. What an interesting concept. I have so much going on in my brain that I have to fight to turn it off.

I am also noticing that sometimes I have to battle myself to be connected to other people. I really want that connection, as much as possible. It is terrifying. People are terrifying. They lie, steal, cheat, drain your energy...etc. But the truth is that I want them. Sometimes this "getting to know you" feels like a maze to be wound through, other times it is a battlefield a howling, clashing, screaming, bloody mess to be fought through and to survive. Perhaps this is not the most zen attitude, but it is my experience.

I have found too that after surviving that battle we are stronger.

I am thankful for the people in my life who have fought me for me and won. I am thankful for those I have fought for and won.

3 comments:

- A - C - said...

Again a deep consideration.
To explain this need for connection, which I share, I wrote this: http://thedustylens.blogspot.com/2008/03/reflections.html

for we need others to look at ourselves, as we mirror ourselves in our fellow beings.
Wish you a nice day :-)
A.

- A - C - said...

P.S. thank you for your comment on my blog. I am not sure either whether I should "explain" the connection between the photo and the text. I started it only because some dear friends asked me to do so, but you are already the second person expressing doubts on this. I should probably rethink what I need to write in there, if anything. Thanks again for your candor.

J. said...

Thanks checking in on my blog. What kind of tai chi do you do?

The Store

The Store
in all it's glory