Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dreams

Was last night a full moon? Was it the meatball sandwich? I don't know, but my dreams were intense. I dreamed that Jesse and I went to the "fair". The setting was Dorset Street in Burlington Vermont. A very busy street which apparently had been closed down for the "fair". We began by going to some kind of sale...rummage...something. The location was the Cheese Trader's building, Jesse bought a giant cigar, I mean really giant like 1foot around and 20 feet long it was some kind of cactus thing, then we left our jackets hanging in a tree because it was really hot and seemed like a sensible thing to do. Then we snuck into the fair grounds which as this point had transformed into a baseball field. Jesse immediately went to the concessions and started buying sticky buns, candy, fruit pies...I distinctly remember saying, "Slow down diabetic boy." And the woman selling the food got pissy with me. We had to walk through this ice tunnel thing and I was nervous because it was close to where you paid to get in and we didn't have wrist bands. End of dream one.



Dream two.

I am in a small room with a couple of other people, I'm not sure now who they were. The room is painted white, furniture is white everything white. We are trapped in this room inside of a weird house. When we smash out the window it is another white room filled with white mist. There is no panic, just resignation about being trapped and a feeling that I would like to get out.

Dream Three.
I am in a small sound room surrounded by musical instruments. Stevie Ray Vaughn comes in and asks me what I want to hear. I say "The Sky is Crying" and he picks up a guitar and starts to play. He is really skinny and his hair is really long and I think Jesse is going to be sooo jealous.

I think there were more dreams last night, but I cannot remember them. I am sure someone with a dream dictionary would make much of this night, but I don't really care about what they might mean. I am just glad that I have dreams like this, vivid and interesting.

No comments:

The Store

The Store
in all it's glory