Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Year Ago Today...


I bought Green Mountain Books and Prints.


and it changed my life. I cannot believe how much stress I used to function under in my previous job. I am so grateful that I've been given/earned this opportunity. I struggle for the words to properly express how delighted, content, truly happy I am doing the work of the bookstore. People often ask me how it has been, how things are going and I always tell them things are good, everything is fine, the store is great and so am I...this is true but it is so much more.


I am eternally grateful to my partner of 14 years who was obligated to get himself a full-time job to make this enterprise successful. Without him I certainly would not have been able to take this on. I am grateful and thankful for the previous owner of the store who did everything in her power to help me buy the store. I am thankful to all of the customers who believe in the value of a local independent bookstore and continue to support the store on a weekly basis. I am thankful to my family who had to give up much of their time with me when I left teaching and a teacher's schedule. I am full of thanks.


I am still scared. Afraid I will fail. Pushing through that and continuing.


Goals for year two:

Website, website, website.

More non-author events

Redo the childrens room.

Figure out a memoir section...

4 comments:

J. said...

Most awesome. Did you say that you are planning to create a bookstore Website?

Kale Girl said...

I am so PROUD of you!!!

Claudia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claudia said...

You must be so proud... struggling so hard, and with so many supportive people!

The Store

The Store
in all it's glory