Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Coffee


I ran into a customer I really like at the laundry mat today. He invited me for coffee at this great bakery just behind the laundry mat. (Yes I know, we are talking about little Lyndonville Vermont, we have one Laundry mat and one bakery, they just happen to be next to each other, making this description sound like NYC).


We are having coffee together, and I'm thinking about how the former owner of the store really didn't like this guy. She thought he was arrogant (he is a bit) and a general asshole. I think he is an independent thinker who is way outside of the box. He chooses not to pander to people ever. I like that about him.


I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I feel really great about our conversation. I was intelligent and well-spoken and I can tell that now. I'm not second-guessing anything about what I said or how I said it. A rare occasion, but one connected with knowing my significance I think.


Life is so very very good.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Little tings that make you feel so good, I know what you mean, and I miss them so much!

You know I'm Italian, a coffe is always the best way to find a new friend!

Claudia

The Store

The Store
in all it's glory