Friday, May 9, 2008

The Grump Uglies

Wow, what a wicked case of the grump uglies I had this morning. I awoke at 5am to the last of the dawn chorus, lovely wild birds twittering and chittering away. I should have stayed up, but the bed looked cozy and I crawled back in...mistake. The second time I awoke, one hour later, I was befuddled. I left the house and was not in anyway prepared for the day. Bad went to worse the closer I got to town. (Friday mornings are early because I have a breakfast date at the local diner and we have to be there by 7am.) I got to the store around 7:30am, we don't open until 10am; I decided to read and finished "The Darkness Under the Water". A YA book by a local author. (It comes out in September and is a very good read, I highly recommend it!) Still befuddled I headed next door to the bank to make my daily deposit. I was grumpy, felt dark and distant...then I was assailed by the scent of cedar mulch and KABAM! I was lifted out of the grump uglies into a glorious May morning. That scent woke me immediately and I fell back into myself. It was incredible.



Here I am back at the store, with fresh eyes and a light heart. Thanks be for cedar.

1 comment:

tgl43 said...

As long as the cedar doenst smell like cat pee I love it!

The Store

The Store
in all it's glory