Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thinking...

Bookselling has been quite busy these days, the summer rush I suppose. It is different this year, I'm not quite so new to people and I like that. It does challenge me to have to remember people who remember me.


I am focusing lately on breath. Just breathing, noticing my breath, breathing deeply and with intent. I think it is good, it is all I have time for really. My attention is out on others which is a good thing for me. When my attention is out I am much more present in the world than when I an turned internally, assessing. The assessment of myself is where I get in trouble, it is easier to just be.


The one thing which has stood out for me over the last few weeks is how much I continue to long for connection with people. I know I have written of this before, but I want the people I love to feel loved and I want to feel loved. It is so much work.


Strawberries...first harvest from my garden...first from my strawberries....Rejoice.

2 comments:

Kale Girl said...

I've been reading this book that a friend gave me, "The Wisdom of No Escape and the Path of Loving-Kindness" by Pema Chodron. Your comment about focus on the breath made me think of it. You should know that I love you and that your love is felt and makes a difference in my life. The book is full of short little chapters that have made a big difference for me in the last weeks-accepting where I am at right now. "... there's a kind of basic misunderstanding that we should try to improve ourselves..." I was goint o lay out another quote then I realize that I could go on all night finding things I am processing and feel excited about in the fifteen pages I've read between Annie Proulx short stories. You can get the book for yourself, you probably already have it.
Davey

tgl43 said...

Cant wait to see you guys!
Yummy strawberries too.
:)
Love
T

The Store

The Store
in all it's glory