Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Recovery

I have been thinking about human interaction and how we recover from hurt received by those closest to us. What I have determined is that we don't really recover. I think of those I know who have relationships that are undermined by discontent and lies. I don't think I could go on loving my partner in the same way if I knew he lied to me. I would continue to love him, but trust?? I have had my trust tested before and I haven't recovered. I continue to love the people who tested me, but it isn't the same. Perhaps I am naive in believing that people can be so close in relation to each other and not have lapses of dishonesty. I live in hope that I am not.

It seems to me that when we lie to one another it changes the course of our lives. We lose something that is so valuable, a bit of innocence, a bit of belief, a bit of magic. We can never be such good friends again, although we can continue to love each other and try to rediscover...perhaps over time recovery is possible, perhaps magic can be rediscovered.

My blogging has been infrequent due to intense busyness. I'll try to be more faithful. (Interesting word choice there!)

I am unsure of this line of thought and would appreciate any comments that others have about it.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

A latin Poet (Catullo) said to his unfaithful lover: amare maius sed bene velle minus, distinguishing two kind of love. The passion and the attraction (physical or mental) that was growing despite lies. But that feeling of caring of her, that could relate two lovers, but also brothers and sisters, or parents and children, was estinguishing...

I think something like this happens when you find out cannot trust your partner any longer...

The Store

The Store
in all it's glory