Friday, April 17, 2009

The brain and the mind


I have decided that I have a quiet mind. The loud noisy instrument inside my head is actually my brain. My mind is what I use to listen with...whether it be literally listening to someones voice or listening to what is behind their voice. I am good at listening sometimes.

I am not good at listening when my brain is loud. There are many many times when I feel like I cannot THINK because my brain is busy with the mundane details of life OR cluttered up with emotions that feel out of my control. Sometimes I think if I could harness my brain I could expand my life 10 fold.


The mind seeks; the brain processes what the mind finds...

Quietness
Rumi
Inside this new love, die.
Your way begins on the other side.
Become the sky.
Take an axe to the prison wall.
Escape.
Walk out like someone suddenly born into color.
Do it now.
You are covered with thick cloud.
Slide out the side. Die,
and be quiet. Quietness is the surest sign
that you've died.
Your old life was a frantic running
from silence.

The speechless full moon
comes out now.

No comments:

The Store

The Store
in all it's glory